Fattoria di Bacchereto
Their farm is located in Bacchereto, whose name derives from the Roman divinity "Bacchus" by virtue of the quality of the land and the advantageous sun exposure that these lands boasted.
They are located on the green and historic hills of Montalbano, between 180 and 300 meters above sea level, in a scenario that extends around Carmignano, between Florence (25 km), Prato (15 km), and Pistoia (18 km), 10km from Vinci.
In the 15th century the Farm was a small hunting house that was part of the Medici Hunting Estate, who thought it was convenient during their hunts to move to Bacchereto at the foot of the woods: still today, in fact, inside the Farm they are clearly visible some remains of the enclosure wall of the famous Royal Park, then called Barco.
At the end of 1700, with the extinction of the dynasty, the Medici property was divided and passed to other owners. This hunting lodge with the surrounding land and a large part of the woods passed to the noble Banci di Prato family, who enlarged it by giving it the current villa-farm structure: the company was managed by a woman, Annunziata Banci, who is still buried in the chapel of the farm, and who built many farmhouses and enlarged the business center. After 1860 the property passed to the family of Baron Franchetti, and the company was still managed by a woman, Luisa Franchetti.
Since 1920 it has belonged to the Bencini Tesi family, current conductors.
Naturalness, typicality and simplicity are the factors that interest us most, to work in a natural way they do not use any addition of products that come from outside the company:
the total exclusion in the countryside of synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides and fungicides means that in their area they are protected from all forms of life.
The total exclusion in the cellar of selected yeasts, additives and oenological adjuvants ensures that their products are healthier and more digestible, as well as favoring the expression of the typical aromas of the area.
Vineyard area 8 ha - Production of about 20,000 bottles -
Olive grove area: 50 Ha